Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Technology Assisted Children


Q: Who can refer to TACHP?


  • Medical Providers
  • Hospitals/Health Centers
  • Social Services 
  • Behavioral Health Entities
  • Community- Based Service Providers
  • Child Welfare Providers
  • Schools/ School Districts/ School Programs
  • Nursing/ Home Health Agencies
  • Early Intervention / Special Education Providers
  • Families (self- referrals) 


Q: Who do I contact to get more information about or make a self-referral to the program?

A: Please contact Carol Dugery, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 267-541-0705 or follow the link below.

Please access our referral form at this link:


Q: Who is eligible for services?

A: A child/youth who:

  • is 0-22 years of age 
  • lives within one of the specified Eastern counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
  • is ‘technology-assisted’.  Technology assisted refers to the use of a medical device to compensate for the loss or diminished capacity of a vital body function. Medical devices include: feeding tubes, colostomy bags, catheters, EKG monitor and pacemakers, ventilators or cardiac shunts.


Q: What services are provided?

A: Direct Services for Families include:

  • Non Medical Case management 
  • Care coordination
  • Home-visiting services
  • Phone and video based services
  • Assistance navigating medical systems
  • Referrals for local community/social services
  • Transition to adult medical care support
  • Linkage to medical home
  • Individualized health education
  • Support navigating and understanding educational plans
  • Assistance overcoming language and cultural barriers


Q: What fees are associated with TACHP?

A: All services are provided at no cost.


Q: What counties are eligible for TACHP services? 


  • Adams
  • Bedford 
  • Berks
  • Bucks 
  • Blair
  • Carbon
  • Chester 
  • Cumberland 
  • Dauphin
  • Delaware 
  • Franklin
  • Fulton 
  • Juniata
  • Huntingdon
  • Lackawanna
  • Lancaster 
  • Lebanon
  • Lehigh
  • Luzerne
  • Mifflin
  • Monroe
  • Montgomery
  • Northampton
  • Perry
  • Philadelphia
  • Pike
  • Schuylkill
  • Susquehanna
  • Wayne 
  • Wyoming
  • York


Q: Who do I call if there has been a significant change in the health needs of my child and/or if additional services are needed?

A: Contact your case manager.